^^CLEARLY, I am the best Photoshopper of all time. And yes, that is my brother dressed as Gandolph, to which I thought would be fitting to portray what our wedding ceremony will look like (don't ask me why).^^
There's so much I want to say and yet have such a lack of words all at the same time, does that make sense? I just don't even know where to begin. I'm tempted to Google "How to write your marriage vows."
So, anyway, after about 10 minutes of trying to think of what to write and basically coming up empty handed, I stopped and turned on Friends instead. And GUESS WHAT? The episode (in season 7 to be exact) was the one where Monica and Chandler are TRYING TO WRITE THEIR WEDDING VOWS. I don't know why I'm writing in caps as if there is any significance to this (I'm sure you're giving a blank stare just as Verner gave me when I told him the same thing), but POINT IS: It appears that my lack of free-flowing wedding vows is not all that uncommon, yes?
These are the questions rolling around in my head:
1. How does one even begin to write their vows? Is there an outline I should follow?
2.What if I'm just ugly crying the entire time?
3. How do I ensure that Verner BREAKS DOWN LIKE A LITTLE BABY because he's just SO MOVED by my words? (oh wait, is that not supposed to be the goal?)
4. Do I have to memorize them? (Because something tells me I'll draw a blank if I try to do that.)
5. Is it just a speech of promises, or do I tell him things I love about him?
6. Does anyone else get nervous thinking about standing up in front of lots of people that are just STARING at you?
7. Can someone write them for me? #justkidding #sortof
All you married ladies, feel free to jump in now.
The Soon To Be Mrs. Dixon
(in 5 months and 12 days)