I was curious to see where we were and what we were doing last year, around Memorial Day.
So of course, I checked my personal "life documenter" - a.k.a. this blog.
And I came across this picture:
Memories that came to me when I saw it:
- We had just returned from Korea for my brother's wedding
- We had just decided we wanted to somehow travel the world for an indefinite amount of time, but had yet to work out any of those details
- We were SIX days shy of running a MARATHON
- I was a good 8 pounds lighter
- I had no idea what would entail for us that year
- But I was super excited to find out
Now, one year later, here I am...in San Francisco!
Things I think about when I look at this picture:
- We have recently returned from 6 months of traveling the world
- We are now 1 week in to our San Francisco adventure
- I am nowhere near able to run a marathon again, let alone 3 miles
- I wear loose tops to mask the 8 pound gain-age (see above)
- I still have no idea what this next year will entail for us
- But am I excited? Yes. Nervous? Definitely (as you can clearly see in my weird/nervous/fake-ish smile)
Anyhoo, crazy what life throws at you, huh?
Here's to another year!
But more importantly, Happy Memorial Day to you all!
I hope you find a special way to spend it.
Even if that means spending the day in yoga pants and eating BBQ'd ribs.